Saturday, August 16, 2014

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin

Good day folks! First, a big THANK YOU to my readers out there :) Secondly, a big kudos for reading my last blog entry till the end, as I was told by some it was pretty long…hehe (mischievous laughter). I tend to write based on what I feel inspired at that moment, and I feel that by 'cutting' my stories to a few parts and publishing in several sequences may result in the reader not connecting with the flow. But that's just me, and I will be mindful to keep it to a reasonable length, which according to other blog writers, is about 550 to 1000 words. Whew! Ok, challenge accepted :) By the end of this paragraph, I’ve used up 120 words!

It’s been interesting for me to observe reactions from family and friends who knew me before I started this conquest on learning everything about metaphysics! On a whim, I forwarded my blog link to those who are not heavy FB users (bless them!) and the next time they bump into me, they would give me the queer eye and asked me when did I get myself into this? I wonder if their reaction was due to the mere thought of how strange that someone like me would be doing something like this. I have to admit that if someone told me just 3 years back, that I’ll be doing what I’m doing now, I’ll also be giving that person the ‘queer eye’.

However, as I started to learn about tarot, palmistry, BaZi, face reading and Feng Shui, I was surprised to see the connection and timing which led to my current path. All had signs that I would dabble in the strange yet humbling world of metaphysics. But all are just signs, and the mastery of each of these studies requires perseverance, discipline, openness, confidence and even timing.

For all this traits, I admit that I have problems in all areas, especially on discipline, openness and confidence. On openness, I claim to be ‘open’ but yet retreat to a ‘that’s not true!’ shell when someone gives me a constructive feedback. Yup, still a loooong journey for me on that one! But no excuses!! On the other part of openness, I recently started to explore learning from Western and Hindu teachers in the art of metaphysics. It ‘tickled’ my brain just by interpreting the lessons and teachings from these teachers. I would say that their thought-processes provided a different yet similar filter or interpretation on the various arts of metaphysics.

It’s an interesting revelation for me, although it should have been duh! obvious to me from the start to consider exploring various teachings of the same subject and from there, find out which one I connect to the most. One of the great teachers in my religious beliefs often preached to us that we should be curiously hungry to explore all kinds of religious belief before settling down on a chosen religion. We would nod our head with agreement, and yet most, if any would follow his advice. In my current day job, where I am responsible for building a leadership program, the senior leaders would also preach the same advice to future leaders – be hungry for information, don’t worry about winning the game, learn and enjoy the process along the way and build new perspectives for a stronger mindset.

As I ponder about this, I consider The Fool card (pic below) from the Tarot deck.



Although I LOL when I saw this version of The Fool card:




An interpretation of the card is as follows (excerpt from Biddy Tarot):

“The Fool is a card of potential, new beginnings and innocence. It represents the beginning of all creativity and a desire to accomplish new goals. The Fool represents the need to set forth on a new journey, one that is completely unknown and will take you to uncharted territories. This is all about new experiences, personal growth, development and adventure. The Fool asks you to take a ‘leap of faith’ and to trust in the Universe in that if you begin a new journey, you will find success.”

The Fool is numbered 0, and does not have a specific place in the sequence of Tarot cards. 0 also means unlimited potential, signifying new beginnings, innocence, spontaneity and a free spirit. What this means to me is that in any point of your life (even if you’re 79 years old!), it is ok to start from 0 and know that you are discovering a new YOU that you have not discovered before.

As I end this blog, I would like to invite you to reflect on where you are now in life (hmm, I seem to be doing this for a couple of blogs) – have you accepted that this is all life has to offer you (job, home, etc), or are you hungry for more? As the late Steve Jobs used to say – Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish. To my well meaning family and friends who are worried about my sanity in dabbling with the world of metaphyscis, just know that I’m like The Fool, hungry for new adventures and feeling a little foolish (in a good way) of what may come.

Have a great weekend!

Ps: On a side note, I completed this blog in less than 900 words. Yay!

Pss: On another side note, a big THANK YOU to my husband for offering free proof-reading services for my blogs 

_____________________________________________________________________
Regina Ong has always considered herself a normal 9 to 5 working gal until she 'stumbled' upon the exciting yet quirky world of metaphysics. She is currently learning and providing consultations in areas of Classical Feng Shui, Tarot reading, BaZi life chart reading, palmistry and occasional face reading. She is still debating if she has enough 'brain room' to learn coffee & tea leaf reading (Note: Not related to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Cafes :P). 

Besides being a practitioner of metaphysics, she has great interest in facilitation (an art of weaving organic thoughts or discussions) and other weird stuff (e.g figuring out what people search on Google).

The last time she was this 'weird' was when she started collecting minion figurines, even the ones from McDonalds. 

1 comment:

  1. Imho, no one is "weird" as an individual, or has the intention of being weird (unless they've gone down deep into the rabbit hole that far) :-) that's what makes the world go round!

    ReplyDelete